Daily Message

Goodevening!
From the book,""Goodmorning Holy Spirit""....
By that time we were all so anxious to leave that I got down on my knees-on that Jerusalem rock-and made a vow to God. ""Lord."" I prayed.""if you will get us out, I'll bringyou the biggest jar of olive oil I can find.""And I added,"" When we get to Toronto, I'll bring it to church and present it to to you in thanksgiving.""
In my upbringing, bargaining with God wasn't unusual. And olive oil was a precious commodity. So I made the vow.
Within weeks a young man from Canadian embassycalled my father to say,"" Mister Hinn. We've worked everything out-don't ask me how.All of your paperwork is in order, and you can leave whenever you are ready.""
It didn't take long. We sold almost all of our possessions and prepared for a new life in North America.
During those last days in the Holy Land, I had a keen sense that something great was about to happen. I knew I was leaving a special city, but I felt that the best wasyet before me.
It was from the harbor of the ancient city of Joppa=my Jaffa- that Jonah left. And the result was the salvation of Nineveh.
And how many times had I climbed to the citadel. the high mount overlooking the harbor. Near the light house is a franciscan church built in 1654. Next to it is the site of the house of Simon the Tanner where the apostle Peter stayed for sometime and had a vision that changed the world. Hearing the voice of God telling him to receive Gentiles as well as Jews into the church, Peter responded.""In truth I perceive that God shows no partiality. But in every nation whoever fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him"" ( Acts 10:34-35)
From that very moment, the message of Christ was spread from Joppa to Caesarea and on to the ends of the earth-touching all of humankind.
From the calender,
1. Remember to open your windows early and often even in winter to improve indoor air quality. 2. Refrain yourself from using air purifiers. They require energy to run and generally aren't designed to remove gaseous pollutants. So put a hat and scarf and let in the breeze, in the parks. 3. Measures can be taken at wood burning fireplaces: a. Use only very dry wood and kindling to minimise smoke. b. Skip the starter logs and fluid. c. Use only plain newspaper-no coloured inks-to help things along. dear. " never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world, indeed. It's the only thing that ever has."
Have a good evening! Buonasera!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daily message