Daily Message

Goodmorning!
And three cheers to all!
Just to set the note for a happy and peaceful morning!
From Our Daily Bread....
READ Corinthians 4: 1-5, 14-20

The Nature of True Apostleship 4 This, then, is how you ought to regard us: as servants of Christ and as those entrusted with the mysteries God has revealed. 2 Now it is required that those who have been given a trust must prove faithful. 3 I care very little if I am judged by you or by any human court; indeed, I do not even judge myself. 4 My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me. 5 Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait until the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of the heart. At that time each will receive their praise from God.
Paul’s Appeal and Warning 14 I am writing this not to shame you but to warn you as my dear children. 15 Even if you had ten thousand guardians in Christ, you do not have many fathers, for in Christ Jesus I became your father through the gospel. 16 Therefore I urge you to imitate me. 17 For this reason I have sent to you Timothy, my son whom I love, who is faithful in the Lord. He will remind you of my way of life in Christ Jesus, which agrees with what I teach everywhere in every church. 18 Some of you have become arrogant, as if I were not coming to you. 19 But I will come to you very soon, if the Lord is willing, and then I will find out not only how these arrogant people are talking, but what power they have. 20 For the kingdom of God is not a matter of talk but of power.

MUch of our attention and praise is dorected towards highly visible and successful people. But occasionally we read about an ordinary, obscure person being honored for many years of faithful service. It may be a school custodian, a cafeteria worker, a handyman, or a clerk in a store who has served others in a dependable and unselfish way.

That kind of reliablility often goes unnoticed, but I believe it's a powerful picture of how we are to live. Although consistency may not be flashy, days add upto a life of great significance to God.

Paul wrote,""It is required in stewards that one be found faithful.""(1 Corinthians 4:2). If we live faithfully for Christ, God has promised to reward us at His appointed time. When the Lord comes,He,"" will both bring to light the hidden things of darkness and reveal the counsels of the hearts. Then each one's praise will come from God""(v.5)
When we long for success,God says,"" I will reward you"".
When we ache for recognition, God says,""I see you"".
When we are ready to quit,God says,""I will help you"".
Whether our service is public or privte, our responsibility is the same-to be faithful.
In all little things of life, Yourself Lord, may I see: In little and great alike, Help me to be faithful be!
Amen.
God doesn't ask us to be successful but to tbe faithful.
Image Courtesy: Matt Bango

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daily message