Daily message

Goodevening!
From our daily bread...
""THe Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.""_ Psalm 23:1
Everyone worries occasionally, but I was once a "" professional worrier"". My daily preoccupation was mulling over my worries, one by one.
Then one day I had to face an uncomfortable medical test, and I was frantic with fear. Finally I decided that during the test I would focus on the first five words of Psalm 23."" The Lord is my shepherd."" This exercise in mediatation not only calmed me, but I gained several fresh insights. Later, as I slowly meditated through the entire psalm, the Lord gave me more insights. Eventually I was able to share at conferences what the Lord had taught me.
If you're a worrier, there's hope for you too! Rick Warren, author of The Purpose - Driven Life, wrote: ""When you think about a problem over and over in your mind, that's called worry. When you think about God's word over and over in your mind, that's meditation.If you know how to worry, you already know how to meditate!""
The more we meditate on God's word, the less we need to worry. In Psalm 23, David meditated on his great Shepherd instead of worrying. Later, God chose him to be the Shepherd of His people(Psalm 78:70-72) God uses those who can honestly say,"" The Lord is my shepherd.""
Image Courtesy: Charles Alphonse

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daily message