Daily message

Goodevening!
Today we celebrate the day of archangels in our catholic church. Yesterday I was inspired tobuy a silver lamp so that I could do my meditative prayers. Few years back, I used to conduct prayerful meditations at home. Today in the church where I went, I met a Hindu lady who gave me elderly advice and at the same time shared her troubles also with me. At one point, I asked her to pray for me and at another point I asked her to pray to God for her troubles. The question in my mind now is what's God asking of me. Wherever we are, let us reap blessings for ourselves and for others.

This church which I visited for the last few days, was donated and built by a Muslim man. I remembered my daughter who studied to be an architect in a Muslim college. I know many other religious friends in India who prefer their children to study in Christian schools. It is one of my regrets that there are no good Christian colleges for architecture in India.

My other prayer today is I was meditating on Archangel Raphael today. I was thinking of the days when Jesus walked on earth listening to the troubles of others. Sometimes he disappears to the mountains for solace.( All we know today is too make mountains out of molehills!And trouble others too with our wrong assumptions.) My question today is did the archangels too walk on earth along with Him? We all know the song," What a friend we have in Jesus!". Do we all know ," What a good healer and counselor, we have in Jesus!

Well, this beautiful Hindu lady questioned me with one basic Christian concept. She said , she surrenders all her troubles to Jesus! And she made me wonder why I am not able to do so! Are we all Jesus to carry the cross?
Amidst all her troubles, she generated a blessing for me too!

10Buona Serata!
Image Courtesy: Candace McDaniel


#Hinduism#Islam#Architecture#Archangels

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daily message