Daily message

Goodevening!
From the,"" Wings Of Fire""...
Slowly, a great amalgamation of information took place in my mind. The structural features of aeroplanes began to gain new meanings-biplanes, monoplanes, tailless planes, canard configured planes, delta-wing planes, all these began to assume increasing significance for me. The three teachers, all of them authorities in their different fields, helped me to mould a composite knowledge.
My third and last year at MIT was a year of transition and was to have a great impact on my later life. In those days, a new climate of political enlightenement and industrial effort was sweeping across the country. I had to test my belief in God and see if it could fit into the matrix of scientific thinking. The accepted view was that a beliefin scientific methods was the valid approach to knowledge. If so, I wondered, was matter alone the ultimate reality and were spiritual phenomena but a manifestation of matter? Were all ethical values relative, and was sensory perception the only source of knowledge and truth? I wondered about these issues, attempting to sort out the vexing question of""scientific temper"" and my own spiritual interests. The value system in which I had been nurtured was profoundly religious. I had been taught that true reality beyond the material world in the spiritual realm, and that knowledge could be obtained only through inner experience.
From an autobiography APJ Abdul Kalam with Arun Tiwari
Have a blessed day!
Photo contribution: Mary on stocksnap.io

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daily message